Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A sweet way to start your day!!!


OK folks so here we go for the first recipe i'm posting here, in case it's you first time here my name is Felipe and I'm an arts man, graduated in gastronomy(Chef); i love to draw, mostly comic book and manga (japanese comics) style, I play some guitar and I'm amateur photographer, therefore with this blog I intend to write down  recipes I cook, drawings I do, photos I shoot and interesting facts with links to videos regarding my experiences of life, and that's why I titled the blog "Art of Living", hope u like it!

The Photo above was taken by me, and the dish itself was done by a good friend Chef Juliene & myself.
These are american style pancakes with Greek yogurt infused with honey, and a French style wild berries "coulis". A delicious option for a special breakfast, rather balanced in sweetness with a slightly sour finish,
if you prefer a more sweet option you can whisk up some "Creme fraiche" and make you own whipped cream as sweet as you like.

Pancakes

-135 gr plain flour
-1/2 tbs of baking powder
-pinch of salt
-2 tbs of sugar
-130 ml of milk
-1 large egg lightly whisked 
-2 tbs melted butter


  Sift the dry items into a bowl, whisk the milk together with the egg and 
the melted butter(make sure the butter is not hot), mix them up until u get 
a smooth batter (add a little vanilla syrup, or some chopped nuts if you like). 
Heat up your pan and use a little bit of butter or oil so your pancakes won't 
stick to it, just a little tip, once u put the batter on the pan pay attention  
for the bubbles that will come on top, as soon as they appear
flip them over wait another minute and a 1/2 or so and that's it.
Mild fire/heat u don't want to use high heat cuz them you burn the batter
without cooking it!

Coulis  

-5 or 6 Strawberries
-A handful of raspberries( or any berries you like)
-2 tbs of sugar or honey
-a squeeze of lemon juice

   In a pan slightly heated, drop all of the above, stir up so it won't boil,
until it gets mildly thick, try it and add sugar or honey if you prefer sweeter.
Again mild heat if it boils too much a lot of the flavor gets lost in the air and u 
need this flavor, believe me!

For the Yogurt, whisk up some natural unsweetened yogurt with honey to your taste, mount the pancakes put 
everything else on top as much as you like and indulge yourself into it, when u do it let me know how was it, 
leave a comment  !

Cheers folks!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment