Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A session of pain and remembrance!

Kia ora,

   Pretty much since the next day after the quake i've been living down in Akaroa, with not much reason to stay in town plus the offer from my boss to keep working for her at the Duvauchelle store & bistro, having a bed at the flat on the back and a bed on my best friend's, Kay Maitland, house, it was only the best option, and even though i'm a city boy the country life is growing on me, at first it sort of f=drives you nuts, not having much to do, but once u let go, the commodities of the big city u start appreciating the beautiful surrounding nature or the sound of silence.



   Had the last weekend off, and i went to Kay`s for some time away from the store, between cooking Brazilian rice and beans, riding her motorbike, walking through the vineyard having a chat and a beer, watching movies and discussing arts with her son Roman i had a great time perfect for taking my mind out of things, plus on Sunday night i called her friend Simon to scheduelle for my MAORI tattoo that he would design himself!

Today i woke up, psyched for the prospect of getting my ink done, carried on with my duties up till 12:30 and left to town heading for the Simon's studio. Got there around one and having previously discussed the concepts i wanted done for my tattoo i sat down and he started drawing free handed on my arm, it took him about 40 minutes to come up with it, and then the pain started hehe!



   All together the design and the tattoo took around 4:30 hours, and it was the longest session of tattooing that I've been through, but hey it was worth it, it looks wicked and now i have a part of New Zealand culture going back home with me. Simon is an amazing artist and for the fact that he is Maori, properly told me stuff about the culture and even did some Maori gestures i feel a bit more immerse in this amazing country's history.

KIA KAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment