Saturday, October 2, 2010

Nothing leads to more nothing!


Well let's see...
 The reason for that tittle is that lately while i was waiting for my visa to be approved I have been doing nothing,  and folks nothing can only lead to more nothing, a lot of people complain about having a routine, i can only complain of a routine when the routine gets boring, if you only do the exact same things for a long period of your life they will eventually become boring, it's necessary for the human being to change, for some of us a lot is needed and for others not much but for all, and let me say this again, FOR ALL of us changes are necessary!

To exemplify, working on ships was a huuuuge part of my life, that I dedicated almost six years of it, and hell yeah it was amazing. The routine of a Crew member of "jumping" from island to island, or country to country day after day really is as interesting as most people think, but when it comes to working it is, as it has to be, a very well disciplined way of life, otherwise you'll fail miserably on many of the good aspects of being there! 

Therefore i had a Routine that was great but got old after the six years and that's why i ended up here in New Zealand now, to search for new horizons, to get me a new ROUTINE.

I finally got my work visa and on Monday the 4th of October i'm starting to work at the Antarctic center,but to cease my last weekend being a jobless person (YAY!) me and my flatmate took my roller blade and her bike for a ride to Downtown Christchurch, and watched an AWESOME movie called "The girl with the dragon tattoo" . Tthis a great crime/thriller novel that was turned into a movie, and a job very well done, is a Swedish production, and i really love watching different foreign movies like this, i pretty much grew up watching american movies, and there is nothing wrong with that, but nowadays it feels fresh to watch something with a different take on how to shoot a movie, plus as i got used to read subtitles, feels a bit nostalgic to go a to a movie theater and have to read them again cuz it's not on any of the 3 languages i speak now, hehe! 

To finish this post, i had a few ideas of things i would like to draw after watching the movie, but since i don't have more than sketches i posting this Police investigation scene that i did last year!!!

cheers mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment